To serve information requests in the future range, FlightStats partnered with Innovata to jointly develop the Connections API.
InnovataConnections API is sourced via an Innovata dataset and includes non-stop, direct and one-stop connecting flights. Connections are constructed with a set of rational rules including:
- Connections are created favoring airline alliance and codesharing agreements.
- Connections respect circuitry rules omitting those that are unreasonably long or far from their destination.
- All schedules and connections properly reflect dates when crossing international date lines.
- All connections respect published Minimum Connection Time rules.
FlightStatsAccess to the Innovata data set is provided by FlightStats and constructed using MongoDB, Tomcat, and Amazon EC2. The Connections API delivers responses in Simplified Chinese with a roadmap to include, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese. The web service exposes a number of date range search vectors and returns results in JSON, JSONP, XML, or SOAP:
- Departure Airport
- Arrival Airport
- Airline + Flight Number
- Flight Type - non-stop, direct, connection
- Service Type - passenger, cargo
- Connection Type - interline, online
- Codeshare - operating marketing relationships
- Carriers - filtered list of carriers
- Connection Points - allowable and excluded connecting airports